Business Management notes and revision kits
Click on the course units/subjects to open the content
- Communication Skills
- Life Skills
- Information and Communication Technology
- Financial Accounting
- Business Law
- Cost Accounting
- Principles and Practices and Management
- Supply and Transport Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Commercial and Administrative Law
- Office Administration and Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Plan
- Managerial Accounting
- Organization Theory and Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Labour and Industrial Relations
- Research Methods
- Trade Project
About this course: Diploma in Business Management (KNEC)
Diploma in Business Management is designed to equip the trainee with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable him or her to perform administrative duties as a middle level manager in an organization. The course is concerned with the application of management principles in human resource and business performance evaluation and implementing procedures and processes related to Business Management.
This diploma qualifies you for rewarding positions such as supervisor, department manager, operations analyst, sales manager, and other leadership positions in business. The need exists for capable managers across all industries. Managers play a vital role in a company’s profitability and viability.
The program emphasizes vital management procedures, tasks, and skills to prepare students to handle complicated management and business issues. Students learn to manage resources and oversee staff. These programs provide fundamental management skills applicable in practically every career field.
a) Recognize the role played by different departments in an organization.
b) Use tools of analysis in decision making in an organization.
c) Communicate effectively in day to day business management activities.
d) Apply the legal aspects in the management of an organization.
e) Demonstrate knowledge on emerging trends and issues in an organization management.
Trainee entering this course should have any of the following minimum requirements:
- Passed relevant Craft course in Business Management OR
- Passed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average of C plain OR
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).