About this course: Craft Certificate in Information Communication Technology
This course is intended to equip the trainee with the knowledge, skills and attitude which are responsive to the challenging needs in the computing industry. The course will allow the graduate to work in a salaried employment or self-employment. During the course the trainee shall be exposed to Computer Programming, User Support, Computer Application, and Operating System.
By the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:
- Install computer hardware and software
- Maintain computer hardware and software
- Use programming skills to provide solutions to existing problems.
- Assemble and disassemble computers
- Troubleshoot a range of PCs and associated peripherals
To be eligible for the admission into the Craft Certificate in Information Technology, a candidate must satisfy any ONE of the following academic qualifications:
- A pass in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education( KCSE) with an average of D+ (plus)
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- PC Support
- Computer Applications
- Operating Systems